Monday, October 17, 2011

Method Man is Distancing Himself from Mary Jane.

Doesn't that picture just remind you of the "How High Days"?... well that is exactly why rapper, Method Man is distancing himself from weed. He recently sat down with VIBE magazine for an interview and said.
"I"don't want that every time you hear Method Man's name you associate it with getting high or marijuana because there's so much more to me than that. I'm not actually distancing myself from my marijuana culture people but it's not in the forefront anymore. I got kids to raise, man. Plus it was never really that bad. It gets comes to a point where no matter where you go they're always thinking you're high. And I'm not always high. I mean right now I'm sober as a priest."
Funny thing is Method Man is currently on  The Smoker's Club Tour with Curren$y and Big K.R.I.T. so we will see how long this (distance) actually lasts.
Although Meth is distancing himself from the weed he gladly gave props to some of the potheads rappers who indluge in it such as Wiz Khalifa
"Wiz is going way out there with it. I applaud that cat big time too because he's doing it his way and it's his time now. Let him ride," says Method Man. "It's always going to be there whether it's Wiz or Method Man or Redman, Big K.R.I.T. whoever. It's always just going to be there. It's recreational, baby. Do you know how many closeted weed smokers there are? They're going to be coming out of the closet like gay men. I'm serious. Then we're going to have these marches like the gay community did."

No comments:

Post a Comment